SUE and WILLEM's
We did it!
What a fantastic day. The sun shone for us despite the awful weather forecasts,
and everything went like a dream. Many, many thanks to:
- Frans Schneider for bringing us to the Westfries Museum in his jag. Apparently the ribbons
blew off the car at the first attempt and he had to tie them back on again! And the flowers were
beautiful. We brought them back to England and they are now adorning the church in Sue's parents'
- Atilla Meijs and Tessel for taking care of the ferris wheel adventure, the delicious Scrabble cake
and much, much more.
- Errol Meijs for being "Best Man" and looking after the rings for us.
- Jaswinder Blackwell-Pal for doing Sue's hair and makeup on the day.
- Farrah Ahmed for giving Jaz lessons beforehand and supervising her practising on Sue's hairdo.
Farrah, we are so sorry you weren't able to be with us on the big day but we hope to see you in Holland
before too long. You are always welcome.
- Josmukh Jetha for cutting Willem's hair so expertly. Jet, we are sorry you and your family couldn't
make it - you are all welcome in Hoorn another time.
- The staff at the Westfries Museum. They were all superbly professional and calmed our pre-nuptial
nerves. We didn't realise they were going to ring the bells for us - that was a nice touch!
- Rita Bax for her wonderful wedding ceremony in excellent English, complete with history lesson
about Hoorn and its unicorns.
- Our witnesses, Cor Koster and Mike Crosland, for making us legal at last.
- The staff at Het Park for the "lekker" buffet lunch complete with flowers and balloons.
- Vallentgoed, the owners of the Big Wheel at the Hoorn fair, for indulging our wacky wedding fantasy.
- Cor Koster (again) for conducting our "partnership" ceremony at altitude and literally helping us
tie the knot. We're not sure what happened to that orange rope in the end ...
- Willem's crazy family, for their film extravaganza and Emmie's song, which we can't get out of our
heads now. And for the photos (see below).
- Sue's Mum and Dad, for being there. It meant a lot.
- Nico, for being personal assistant for the day to Sue's Mum and Dad.
- Everyone who came. We hope you enjoyed the day.
- Everyone who sent us cards, e-mails and good wishes.
- Everyone who gave us pressies, including the Gemeente (town council) of Hoorn. Thank you for your
delightful and unusual gifts. We will be writing to everyone individually in due course.
We're in the news!
Thanks to Atilla's efforts (see above), reporters from the Noordhollands Dagblad and De Telegraaf were
on hand to capture the madness in the Big Wheel. Here are their reports:
This is just a provisional set - there will be more to follow, including our own. And hopefully
we will be able to link in our wedding music.
Last updated: 20th August 2007